2019 SPRING NEWSLETTER
2019 SPRING RAY RIVERA TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
FUN DAY SATURDAY, MAY 18TH
U6 AND U8 AGES
U10, U13 & U17 WILL PLAY
SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
MAY 18TH AND MAY 19TH
What is the best thing you can do for your child who wants to be a soccer player? Do you need to buy him or her the best equipment and gear, and hire a private soccer coach on your off-practice days? Will having your child jog 3 miles a day help him to be a star?
The best thing you can do for your child is encourage, encourage, encourage.
Show an interest in your child and what he/she enjoys, whether he/she made the goal or not, whether his/her team won or not. Your approval of your child and pride in him or her should be completely separated from his performance on the team.
YSI Code of Ethics
– I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, game officials and administrators – at all times.
– I will place the emotional and physical well being of all players ahead of any personal desire to win.
– I will support the coaches, officials and administrators working with my child, in order to encourage positive and enjoyable experience for all.
– I will remember that the game is for the players, not for the adults.
– I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, game officials, administrators and fans with respect.
– I will always be positive.
– I will always allow the coach to be the ONLY coach.
– I will not get into arguments with the opposing team’s parents, players or coaches.
– I will not come onto the field for any reason during the game.
– I will noiticize game officials.
– Alcohol, illegal drugs and unauthorized prescription drugs shall not be possessed, consumed or distributed before, during or after any game or at any other time at the field and/or game complex.
Keep checking back for more tips for parents!